Did you know…
- 1 million disposable plastic bottles are sold every minute worldwide?
- In the same minute, a truckload of plastic waste ends up in our oceans. That equates to 8 million tons of plastic per year.
- Only 9% of all plastic produced has ever been recycled. The rest is dumped in a garbage dump, incinerated or ends up as litter.
- 80% of all waste in the oceans is plastic. 49% of that is disposable plastic.
- Unless we act now, it is estimated that by 2050 the weight of plastic in the oceans will exceed the weight of fish.
That’s why Hedgehog Company joins the Dopper Wave. A movement of organizations and individuals, who together turn the tide in the fight against plastic pollution. This fits in with our mission to realize sustainability together with our partners. We will therefore encourage our partners to join the Dopper Wave. We sign the declaration to:
- Ban disposable water bottles from our organization
- Encourage colleagues and visitors to drink tap water whenever and wherever possible
- Remind everyone to always have their reusable water bottle with them
- Inspire other organizations and people to join the Dopper Wave as well.
And you? Will you join us? Visit https://dopper.com to find out how you can help save our oceans with small, everyday actions!
Watch the Dopper Wave Film below. Anyone who sees this video is guaranteed to be inspired. Okay, we might be a little biased, but he captures the story perfectly. The story about real people who banned disposable water bottles from their lives. About their decision to sign the statement and be part of the Wave. And all that in a minute and a half. Of course we don’t want you to miss out. For the record.